The Second Johnson Reply

19th June 2007

Dear Soren,

I am disappointed but understand your reasons.In respect of the questions you raise:
Yes, this is a non-profit venture. We would not expect to sell advertising until the blog-letter had been running for a while. Until then it would be financed by my own resources.

Contributors would not be paid anything until I had recouped my start-up costs. Copyright would be retained by the participating bloggers.
Submissions would not be altered without their consent, but we would reserve the right not to publish a submission we thought was inappropriate.
The participating bloggers see this as an opportunity to bring their work to a wider readership, as their URLs will be published in the blog letter and linked in our website.
If you would like to discuss this with the other bloggers, I will ask their permission to reveal their identities to you.

I think you are familiar with a couple of them.
Otherwise, thank you for considering my invitation.

Regards

Johnny

A wider readership huh? what don't students find blogs on their own? considering most bloggers are between the ages of 30 - 50 I wasn't quite believing the logic here, also he was a bit eager to tell me who the other bloggers were. My spidey sense was doing somersaults.

No comments: